Known for Glico in Indonesia, for me, they are lovely pocky! But whatever name we give them, these little sticks of chocolate biscuits are always a delight!
I am fan for a while now, but they are not available anywhere … Asian grocery stores or shops, sushi restaurant … So, imagine my delight when I discovered a recipe to make at home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was decided I should try!
I got the recipe from Pure Gluttony blog. Of course, I’ve made some changes because the original recipe was for hazelnuts and walnuts are not allowed in my house because of allergies.
Then turn to the recipe and changed!
- 125 G soft butter (50 g butter 75 g applesauce)
- 125 G icing sugar (100 g)
- 1 Egg
- 50 G hazelnut powder (flour)
- 250 g flour
- natural hazelnut flavoring (vanilla)
- 200g dark chocolate or milk
- 50 Ml cream
- (not used) Colored balls of sugar, noodles chocolate chips or nuts other … (for me, coconut and soybeans roasted chopped)
Preparing the dough
- In bowl, combine softened butter with icing sugar and whole egg. *Finally, when I speak of whole egg is a yellow and white, not the shell of course!*
- Add the hazelnut powder, flour and a few drops of hazelnut flavor. Knead well and mix together until it forms a compact ball and smooth.
- Wrap the dough ball into a piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 175 ° C.
- To carry batons, as with the dough, take a ball of dough and stretch it into a coil of thinner and thinner on a work plan by rolling under your palm. Put these long sticks on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until browned
- Let cool. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and cream in a double boiler or in microwave oven. Then add a few drops of natural flavor of hazelnut and smooth all at the wooden spoon.
- Cover each stick sanded well cooled the chocolate cream warmed,
- the rest on the parchment paper and sprinkle with colored beads or tiny chips of your choice. Then let cool completely at room temperature.
It is a recipe concerver carefully! I loved it! For cons, the site, it was indicated that the recipe gave 20 … I must have made them much smaller, because I had 48 …. I thought they were still heavy in my taste … *smacked*