Having a blog with our own top domain (without blogspot, wordpress, multiply, livejournal, ect…) will make our blog seems elite and ranked. That also make your blog easy to remembered by people. Then, how to make it like this blog? First you must buy a domain name. You can buy it at Namecheap.com at low price, for only $8 for one domain name .com. You can purchase it by using Paypal or some major credit cards. If your domain has successfully registered, then let’s go to the next step in order to redirect your domain to your blog (I recommend you to using blogger/blogspot), like DNS, Name Server, ect…
SETTING DNS (DOMAIN NAME SERVER)
This is the first step to set your domain. Usually, there some additional fees to buy “DNS Managed”. But you can still get it freely. follow the instruction below :
- Register on Dnspark.net for free. Then, login if you done.
- Choose DNS Hosting menu, then Add domains.
- Check in DNS Hosting-Free box, enter your domain name (without www)
- Click Add Now
- Your domain name will appear in Domain List. Click your domain for the next step.
- Choose CNAME on Type dropdown menu.
- Fill “www” in Alias Name colum.
- Fill ghs.google.com in destination.
- Finished, click Update all.
If you use Namecheap as your domain account, you must do this :
- Login to your Namecheap account. Click Manage Domain.
- On the menu, click your domain name, then click domain Name server Setup on the left side menu. Fill the columns like this pics below :
Finished and save your works. Ups, still not finished yet. you still need to set your domain on your blog.
- Login to your blogger, in your dashboard, click settings on your blog.
- Choose Publishing menu. Then click switch to Custom domain. next Swithc to advanced setting. Enter your domain name with www. Save if you done.
Congratulations! Your blog is already in your own domain name. Happy blogging.